1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Univ. of Houston WR suffers Joe Theismann-like injury. KID BACK IN HOSPITAL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnoopyBoy, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Re: Univ. of Houston WR suffers Joe Theisman-like injury. Hard to watch!

Theisman?

2. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

OK, add an N to the end of his name, I don't give a flying frick.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Now, now, what is all this talk about the guy suing Marshall? The NCAA won't allow it. After all, that would be an extra benefit that isn't available to the regular band students who snap their legs tripping over football helmets left on the field.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess I just see it differently. I see lot of stuff like that just as close, if not closer to the field of play. It was a freak accident. I found it odd that the receiver sold out so much for a ball that was clearly out of play. It's a tight field. With walls closer to the field on the sidelines than the carts were. Given the constriction of space, I don't know if you can blame the band. Don't know if the stadium meets the guidelines for space behind the endzone though. I noticed the pad on the wall to the right of the carts.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. There should be a lot of jobs lost over this one.

I happened to be watching - seemed like ESPN under covered the stupidity. Lou Holtz was more concerned with getting off as many one liners as possible.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm all for lawsuits today.

He should sue for future earning potential. Hey, you never know.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

As a high school track coach, I can tell you there are more liability issues involving accidents like this than you would care to know. The school, the athletic director and the groundscrew all have a part in this. It sucks, but it's no different than a kid slipping on a puddle during a basketball game because a roof is leaking.

8. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

but the carts were in front of a hill that leads to the stands, no wall to even worry about. Also, I believe the stadium was built before Marshall went I-A/FBS, which means it is grandfathered in, as far as things like that go.

And are there other things close to the field that shouldn't be? Absolutely.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I've got not dog in this fight, but holy shit, that picture made me laugh and laugh and laugh.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

My family on my father's side means well, BYH. They are good people who have suffered through unfortunate situations in life and have slightly different perspectives, goals, motivation and tastes in food and adult beverages.

They're cousins, but they're second cousins, and it's a little gross, but dammit, they love each other, and they're good people, so LEAVE THEM ALONE! THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE, YOU YUPEE YANKEE PRICK!

AND THEY ARE MARSHALL!

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Re: Univ. of Houston WR suffers Joe Theismann-like injury. Hard to watch!

If he gets anything less than very high six-figures from Marshall, he doesn't have a very good attorney.

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

Re: Univ. of Houston WR suffers Joe Theismann-like injury. Hard to watch!

is marshall a private or state school? if it's a state school, there might be some kind of cap on damages.

Draft saved Draft deleted