1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uni Watch ranks all pro jerseys

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Kings are nowhere close to the worst in pro sports.

2. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

Lukas has what he will admit is a passionate, not entirely rational hatred of all things purple, so anybody with that color is going to be docked severely. In the case of the Vikings he's right, since what they currently wear is horrific; however, the traditional throwbacks they've been breaking out in the past few years are gorgeous (says the guy who grew up in Minnesota in the 70s and thought Chuck Foreman was the second coming).

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No way.

Dodgers maybe.

Of course, it's ESPN, so...

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They're pretty cheap-looking.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Say what you want about the Clippers' futility over the years, but this is not one of the worst unis in all of pro sports.
    [​IMG]

Like practically all "sports lists", this one is asinine.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've always found the Clippers to have about as generic looking unis you could get. The script, the colors - like the team, it creates no identity.
    Always thought they could use a re-do on the uniforms.

Do something unique with the lettering and color combo, perhaps something that evokes sailing (that is why they are called the Clippers right?)

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is just a fan's design or what, but I really like this helmet:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. KYSportsWriter

But it really isn't ESPN. Lukas has his own blog; he just posts on ESPN from time to time.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm not saying its an all time great. But one of the worst in the four pro sports?

Considering all the do-dads and craptastic stuff on NBA unis, (Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and on and on), isn't a simple script actually unique?

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

What you said about the Seahawks. Ugh.

11. KYSportsWriter

I get where Lukas is coming from with the Oilers, but there's no way that uni is one of the worst in pro sports.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, we'll see. I've read Lukas enough to know I'd be very surprised to see the Yankees in the top three, but if they end up there, you can count on ESPN making sure the favored markets got their play.

Draft saved Draft deleted