1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unexpectedly good soundtracks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Jun 21, 2006.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Still trying out the free Blockbuster membership and got "Sky High," Kurt Russell as a superhero not named Herb Brooks.

Movie was Disney-entertaining enough, but the soundtrack was really a blast from the past. Opened with "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" and featured, among others, "One Thing Leads to Another" and "Take on Me."

Now with "Good Morning, Vietnam," you knew you'd have a great soundtrack. But, other than "The Wedding Singer," I can't remember being that surprised as how entertaining a soundtrack was.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Broken Flowers.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

MI:2 and The Scorpion King.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Empire Records and, of all things, Shrek 2.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I really enjoyed the soundtrack to Benny and Joon. Lots of instrumentals, if you could get past the "5000 Miles" song or whatever.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Team America: World Police

Fuck Yeah!!

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

The Cable Guy:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002BL5/103-6255342-1116608?v=glance&n=5174

So I Married An Ax Murderer:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000029A4/sr=8-2/qid=1150914122/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-6255342-1116608?%5Fencoding=UTF8

8. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Catch Me If You Can
    Boogie Nights
    Amistad
    Hannibal

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Rocky IV

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

It's not a soundtrack per se, but I think whoever chooses the music for the TV show Cold Case does a hell of a job capturing the time frame.

12. Mutah

Mutah Member

Interesting, AA. I just figured out that Frou Frou's cover of the Bonnie Tyler song "Holdling Out for a Hero" is on the Shrek soundtrack. Was teetering between the CD purchase and iTunes.

Draft saved Draft deleted