1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Undoubtedly the worst remake of any song I have ever heard........

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 27, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Don Henley should get fucked in the ass with a 14-inch-long, soup-can diameter, broken-glass-encrusted cock for one hour for every single time "Boys of Summer" was ever allowed to pollute American, Canadian, European or Austrailian radio.

And the cover was worse.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Out on the road today I saw a Carlos Silva sticker on a Cadillac.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Ya, Van Morrison sucks.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Floyd butchers their own song.
    From the soundtrack listing at Amazon.com "The version of Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" is the live one from 1990, when it was performed with Van Morrison and the Band"

Dar Williams' cover of "Comfortably Numb" is fair-to-good.

5. Frylock

Frylock Member

You guys must be tone-deaf :eek:

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If you want one of the top 10 worst remakes of any song ever, track down a copy of Marah's banjo version of Springsteen's "Streets of Philadelphia"

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who remembers Limp Bizkit's version of "Behind Blue Eyes?"

I think everything else may be fighting for second.

8. Mitch E.

Mitch E. Member

I believe the Van Morrison/The Band version is from Roger Waters' staging of The Wall in Berlin. I'm a big fan of Morrison and The Band, but I always thought that version sounded a bit odd, but no where near as horrible as Cyndi Lauper's rendition of Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 that same night.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You go to hell.

You go to hell and you die.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Turn it around: What major artist do you think would do the most galactically hilariously horrible job of covering a particular song, that it almost needs to happen?

Start out with Tom Waits jumping all over the aforementioned "Immigrant Song." (Complete with vocal yodeling and screams.) I'd want to hear that just once, then I'd probably melt down the CD.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Ring of Fire, Mariah Carey

12. Exactly what I was going to post. Heard it once and never listened to it again.

Draft saved Draft deleted