1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Underrated

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jake_Taylor, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I like ketchup. I don't drown stuff in it.
    I find ketchup on a hot dog revolting.
    But I like it.

Recently, a friend, who is a bit of a snob and a little snooty, made a comment to me about a local eatery. His comment included the phrase '... if you like ketchup.'
    So I said, 'I do like ketchup.'

Ketchup is a good condiment for certain food items, and I refuse to be ashamed to say I like ketchup.
    I like it on french fries. I like it on a hamburger.
    I am not ashamed.

HC likes this.
  2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Also, club soda/seltzer

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I can literally drink seltzer by the gallon. I fear for the state of my kidneys, but I love it.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Actually,the ill effects of carbonated water on kidneys, teeth and bones are myths, like the yeti, or his North American cousin, the sasquatch.

Drink on, my seltzer-loving friend, drink on.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I am determined to find a palet of the old original New York Seltzer.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't like those flavored seltzers. I just like a seltzer/club soda.
    Always keep it around the house and always order it at restaurants.

There was a brief time in the late 1970s in NJ, when we were getting seltzer delivered to the house in the old-fashioned bottles.
    I thought i was the coolest thing in the world. I think it was a nostalgia thing for my parents.
    Didn't last long, though. I don't recall if they decided it was just a silly expense or if the company went out of business.
    Probably the latter.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Nice. Never heard the rumors, but always assumed the accumulation of CO2 had to go somewhere. Glad I'm home free.

The unflavored seltzer is the way to go. My dad got me hooked on it when I was a teenager and I grimace everytime I have to settle for lemon, lime or berry flavors.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Fuckin A. Owe my life to the Coasties.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

To cross thread...

Best Bowie song...

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Seltzer and club soda not being the same thing is underrated.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Breakfast sausage

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Ditto. Any of those joints you hear about that get offended if you want mustard or ketchup on a dog or hamburger can get fucked. I'll put what I want on my non-sandwich, thanks. And not that I would, but if I went to the best steak joint in the world and want ketchup on my steak, that's my fucking business. Don't judge me

Draft saved Draft deleted