1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Under/Over on times Lizzy Seeberg and Declan Sullivan will be mentioned

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Jan 6, 2013.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

with 1 1/2 being the number I'm going under.

The lovely Rev John Jenkins will get the loving support of the beloved journalists covering Notre Dame for his immoral handling of Ms Seeberg's accusations of sexual assault and his coordinated smear campaign against this 19 year old girl.

And the Sainted Coach, who is the proximate cause of Mr. Sullivan's death, will not even get his judgment questioned if he calls an inside draw on 3 and 5.

anyone care to name the accused sexually assaultive Football player who will participate for Notre Dame tomorrow?
    http://ncronline.org/news/accountability/reported-sexual-assault-notre-dame-campus-leaves-more-questions-answers

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Re: Under/Over on time Lizzy Seeberg and Declan Sullivan will be mentioned

Tremendous story, but sad, tragic and damning of Notre Dame on so many levels. How many more? Will it take something like the India gang-rape for something to be done?
    Can tell you this much: I'd never let a daughter or granddaughter set one foot on that campus.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

4. PTOWN

PTOWN Member

I think these topics have been extensively covered, including the piece in sports illustrated this fall.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If if Notre Dame still has this attitude of blaming the victim, then it hasn't been covered enough.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

check out George Will's taint slurping op-Ed piece today.

Guarantee Bob Coastas won't feel the need to speak on these points any time while collecting his NBC paychecks

7. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Declan once. Especially if they still wear the initial decal/patch/whateverthefuck to "honor" him.

Lizzy, not a peep.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This. E$PN take on a $eriou$ i$$ue involving the hand that feed$ it?

9. PTOWN

PTOWN Member

I just think it has been covered well by repputable news outlets. What more do you think needs to be publicized about these two stories? I agree, Kelly and ND were negligent in each case, and it was extremely disappointing to see how the Seeburg death was handled. I'll look at the Will article.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The only thing the Will piece was missing was the choir singing the Irish fight song in the background. Total slurp job.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"After the Chicago Tribune first broke the story of Lizzy's allegations and death on Nov. 21, Notre Dame's head football coach, Brian Kelly, wisecracked on a conference call with sportswriters that he didn't know the Tribune could afford all the reporters who were peppering him with questions about the case."

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Zero.

If I tune in to watch a football game, then I want to watch a football game, not hold a vigil for a dead person. There is ample time and place to do that and it can be very good journalism. But it's not necessary to bring it up every single time Notre Dame plays a football game.

Draft saved Draft deleted