1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uncle Jesse's Girl

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 24, 2009.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Joey Gladstone was an incredibly creepy character.

Becky and Jesse were a terrific match, as were Danny and Vickie.

2. redsox99

redsox99 Member

Maybe Becky didn't do Betty Rubble so well, but if she could do a pretty good Olive Oil, she'd have made a nice compliment to his Popeye impersonation, which was spot-on.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Most of his impressions were great, which -- I'm sure -- is a big reason that show was so popular with the kids. Popeye and Bullwinkle were popular; his impressions of Pepe le Pew, the Tasmanian Devil, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd and the rest of the Looney Tunes, not to mention the Wizard of Oz, were awesome. He was really versatile. He was great comic relief and could play the sappy part when needed.

The episode with his father, the Colonel, is one of my favorites.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

So were D.J. and Steve Hale -- his original name was Peters, though, like Jessie's went from Cochoran to Katsopolis, his change on the second appearance. They were the best match of all D.J.'s boyfriends, easily.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Almost as good as the Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello television pilot episode.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He could have made that show a can't-miss.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

They have nothing on Kimmy Gibler and Duane.

"Whatever."

I did choke up when Steve returned for DJ's prom in the series finale. He really fucked up the whole college process, completely ignoring DJ (even buying her that school sweatshirt) and choosing a party school in Florida (Daytona Beach, if I'm not mistaken).

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It was an awesome ending to the show. I was a little let down when Michelle didn't die at the end of the first part, but Steve's reappearance almost made up for it.

Duane can do Shakespeare like no one's business.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Grab the bag.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Do something.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wow.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm worried I'm never gonna get laid again just reading that.

Draft saved Draft deleted