1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uncle Jesse's Girl

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 24, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Full House finally makes me laugh:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1897334/

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Still only the second-best song inspired by Dave Coulier (Alanis Morrisette's "You Oughta Know" being the best).

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So this thread isn't about The Dukes of Hazzard? I'm confused.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

That's what I was thinking.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I looked on line tonight, speaking of Jesse, for the follow to Jesse's Girl -- Eat Your Heart Out Rick Springfield...
    Was Jimmy Hart the only one who sang it?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

For starters: Pam wasn't killed because she "couldn't keep her eyes on the road." She was hit by a drunk driver.

Jessie and Becky didn't drink, either. Jessie had some wild nights before they got together, but he quit the party scene when they met.

And Jessie was suspicious of Joey's intentions with Becky once. During his first visit to the Tanner's house, Rusty -- the precocious, little 10-year old -- planted a "secret" love note that was supposed to be from the paperboy to D.J. Well, hilarity ensued from there, as the note made it to everyone in the house -- including Michelle -- but D.J. Stephanie thought it was from Rusty; Kimmy though it was from Jessie; Danny thought it was from Becky; Rusty's mom thought it was from Joey; Michelle couldn't read it; and Jessie thought it was from either Danny -- or Joey.

Thankfully, everything worked out before anyone threw a punch. Well, it worked out for all but Rusty. D.J. even started talking with the paperboy. Great episode.

But Joey never made an advance on Becky. The closest he came was when Jessie turned up missing on his wedding day. Right before he jumped from an airplane, Jessie told Joey, "If anything happens to me, marry Becky." Joey was even reluctant then -- and so was Becky when he told her Jessie's backup plan.

Besides, Becky didn't have a good Betty Rubble impression. She'd never cut it in Joey's world.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

"People think I'm gay, but you don't mess with Friggin Dave Coulier."

8. KG

KG Active Member

Mikey, have mercy.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Reality. What a concept.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I really do feel bad for him sometimes.

11. KG

KG Active Member

BBAM, What's bad is I was actually quoting Uncle Jesse.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If I had any brains, I'd have named my comb Mr. Goodpart when I first got it. That'd be as close to Uncle Jessie as the law would let me get.

Draft saved Draft deleted