1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unbelievable...World Media Comes to UC Davis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Nov 22, 2011.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

http://blogs.plos.org/speakeasyscience/2011/11/20/about-pepper-spray/

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Jets fans say, thanks a lot UC Davis!

[​IMG]

(although to be fair, he did have some very good years with one of the shittiest offensive lines of all time. Still, he ain't no Marino).

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I played BBall against him at Davis.

Tragic, he leads us to the D-II Championship Game and he's too injured to play so we lose.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I did not mean to equate getting pepper-sprayed with murdered.

Just that like Kent State has been the image for the anti-war movement in the 70's, people are going to think of UC Davis when they think of the Occupy movement of 2011.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The whole thing looked like a bad Lifetime movie, with people playing their roles. Surprised at the police officer. University Police may not get the cream of the crop, but the department should probably be at least as professional as a decent sized suburb. That that was a lieutenant doing that stuff blows my mind. You almost think when the Occupy thing went down they dusted off their "Protest tactics" binder and did a quick brush up not realizing that they never inserted the revisions issued circa 1975, 1983, 1990, 1998, 2003. Really bad tactics.

6. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

That is good Redrum/Davis knowledge.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

JT O'Sullivan is another former Davis QB who made it to the NFL.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Some hippies who refused to follow police orders (from the chancellor) had their eyes burn for a few minutes from a food product.

The bar for martyrdom has really been lowered.

9. Mizzougrad96

It was still Murder Burger when I used to go there. That change must be fairly new.

10. Mizzougrad96

The Causeway Classic was some pretty damn good Division II (at the time) football.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Why don't you stand up and take two shots in the eyes and one in the mouth then, tough guy. I'd bet my left nut you'd be bawling your eyes out before it even hit you.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Of course, I'd actually listen to police orders so I wouldn't be getting pepper sprayed. But for argument's sake let's say I don't listen and get pepper sprayed. In 10 minutes I'd be just fine again. Yup, sounds just like Kent State to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted