1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unbelievable photo of gunman in Dallas courthouse shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Whatcha want to bet he was using a Bushmaster?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Look closely and you can see the Spartan warrior sword he was wearing in his belt. I really don’t get the fetishization of those guys. Damn pederasts.

wicked likes this.
  4. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Nice headline.

Usually it is "An Officer Involved Shooting Occurred..."

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This was nuts. This guy was armed to the teeth. He has at least four ammo clips. We had a discussion about whether the photo “glorified” the shooter. I didn’t think so, but perhaps I was in the minority. We didn’t run it online.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He had access to mass killing weaponry but only a flip phone? No wonder he failed at his mission. Thank Tebow.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly, but you just knew somebody would have to bring in some other problem to try to draw attention away from the gun issue.

8. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I believe those are magazines, not clips.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone else surprised that the story didn't get that much play? I realize nobody was seriously hurt (except the gunman) - but you would think someone attacking a federal building armed to the teeth would be a big story regardless.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Back when 72 pt. extra black was the heaviest hed in the type drawer, there was usually a bit of debate about how big a story was before it was used.

Now, almost every event gets bigger play.

In a world freed from the constraints of the press and page, it’s not easy to turn the volume up beyond 11.

Stories that might rate an 8 or 9 seem to get drowned out in the din.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I am.

When that photo popped up in my feed, it was around noon Pacific. I read the caption and my first thought was, "this must have happened several months back and I forgot about it..." because I'd yet seen no mention of a possible mass killing in Downtown Dallas. Of course, if he'd been Muslim....

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't think you clicked on it. I don't know why that weird pic was there. He's talking into his phone the whole time on the youtube

Draft saved Draft deleted