1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unanswered points

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Johnny Dangerously, Dec 10, 2006.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

And if you have 8-9-10-J-Q of diamonds, well you are Lancey Howard and you just busted Eric Stoner's Aces full of tens.......

2. AP Insight Bowl game story tonight included this incorrect usage of unanswered:

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- After spotting Minnesota a 31-point lead, Texas Tech rallied for a stunning 44-41 overtime victory in the Insight Bowl Friday night, the biggest comeback in Division I-A bowl history.

Tech (8-6) appeared finished after Minnesota (6-7) took a 38-7 lead with 7:47 to go in the third quarter. But the Red Raiders mounted a furious comeback, scoring 31 unanswered points in less than 20 minutes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

if they were unanswered, Minnesota would have finished with 38 points, not 41

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What about "mounting a comeback"? Them comebacks are mighty feisty till you git the hind legs up.

4. donaugust

donaugust Member

I'll change it to consecutive every time, unless I need the space. Then I'll change it to 'in a row.'

Agreed on win. And "host" instead of "play host to."

As for straight, yes, someone pointed out it's in the dictionary, but how far did we have to go down the list of definitions before we got to it? And if the Shmoeville Blues lost five straight games, how many crooked ones did they lose?

Draft saved Draft deleted