1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Umm, Rev. Jackson, that microphone is still on

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

An Obama election -- and worse, a fairly successful Obama presidency -- is the worst thing that could happen to Jesse Jackson. It would send a message that a black man CAN succeed on the highest level in this country and blow all of his race-baiting bullshit out of the water.
    Jackson is a man fighting a war that, for the most part, was over 30 years ago. If Obama loses the election, Jackson can still cry insitutional racism and keep his shakedown rackets going. If Obama wins and stumbles, Jackson can blame it on racism and keep the rackets going.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Jesse Jackson has donated to John McCain's campaign fund.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm willing to bet there will not be a successful Obama presidency. Any takers? Zeke?

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Nah, he'll just live on the money his sons' beer distributor (which he extorted through a boycott of Budweiser) receives.

4. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

This only makes Obama look good, really.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Considering all of the elephant shit he'll have to clean up, that's a safe bet.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think he'll win and on his worst day will look like Winston Churchill, FDR and Ghandi rolled into one compared to the guy we've had for the past eight years.

Do I think the next eight years are shaping up to be the best in our history?

No.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

If the stock market doesn't hit 20,000 by 2010, I win. Bet?

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Eh? 20,000 what? Yuan?

9. That's it - I quit.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I was thinking more of a "We don't invade Iran just to chase our first mistake next door."

See, then we all win, pall.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Now you're just pissing me off.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . as Rush should contribute to BO's . . . for business reasons.

Draft saved Draft deleted