1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Um, guys and gals...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 23, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm usually the biggest non-fan of those "what, no thread on..." but in this case....we were gone for more than half a day. I was so verklemft, I was sending Yahoo messages to people I hadn't messaged in five years, and getting through my shift was a bear. How did the crash/shutdown rock your world?

2. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Quite a night for the shutdown, too. The Debate, MNF, Game 7...plus I think there may have been a new episode of Wipeout.

3. dooley_womack1

And if we can't gather to discuss Wipeout, the terrorists have won.

Hey....maybe this was Trump's October Surprise. :eek:

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I balled up in a corner and wept.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I sent Facebook messages to Moddy and Headbutt asking where the hell my site was. :D

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I thought Creosote had blown the site up as revenge for his finish in Sheep!

7. dooley_womack1

Come to think of it, Facebook would be how people who have it would cope for an extended period of time. Your page could host the politics thread.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It seems like it's been awhile since we've had one of these...

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I suspect the downage was related to the great West Virginia server kerfuffle that happened yesterday.

10. imjustagirl

Honestly, I never look at FB. I log in, see the four things that are on the screen without scrolling, then start playing games.

That farm's not going to harvest itself!!!

11. dooley_womack1

I guess that's why it took you more than two years for you to realize I dropped off Facebook. :D

12. imjustagirl

I'm no KYSW, but I have enough people on my friends list I don't notice fluctuation unless I go to message them and it says "add friend." :(

Draft saved Draft deleted