1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ultra-left: Here's your perfect Christmas pilgrimage trip.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

AUSTIN, TX – The Young Conservatives of Texas - University of Texas Chapter announced today that they will be displaying an “ACLU Nativity Scene” on the West Mall of the University of Texas campus on Monday and Tuesday, December 4th and 5th. The group’s intent is to raise awareness on the extremity of the ACLU, and bring to light its secular-progressive efforts to remove Christmas from the public sphere. The display, the first of its kind in the nation, will feature characters that are quite a bit different than the standard crèche.

“We’ve got Gary and Joseph instead of Mary and Joseph in order to symbolize ACLU support for homosexual marriage, and of course there isn’t a Jesus in the manger,” said Chairman Tony McDonald. “The three Wise Men are Lenin, Marx, and Stalin because the founders of the ACLU were strident supporters of Soviet style Communism. The whole scene is a tongue-in-cheek way of showing the many ways that the ACLU and the far left are out of touch with the values of mainstream America.”

The scene will also display a terrorist shepherd and an angel in the form of Nancy Pelosi.

“The ACLU and other left-wing extremist groups are working diligently to destroy American’s rights to the free expression of religion,” said Executive Director Joseph Wyly. “We’ve already seen in Chicago an attempt to censor the nativity by a city government this week. It’s just more evidence that there is a War on Christmas being waged by the far-left in this country.”

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

We ultra-leftists need to appoint a study group to figure out why the War on Christmas doesn't appear to be working.

3. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I'll go have a look at it and report back.
    Maybe I'll take some photos of it.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Hey, if you don't pray to the same god the majority of people in this country say they do, maybe it's time for you to leave.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You guys are missing the point. I think you ought to embrace this symbol. It fittingly represents all that you love and adore. Then again, then could have borrrowed from that representation of art called "Piss Christ" made so famous by an ACLU-supported artist and put a baby in a urine jar...perhaps even real, live fetus. But I think their point of no Jesus in the scene was appropriate enough. So someone organize a winter trip. Fenian, sounds like a great job for you.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'm sorry for missing the point, Yawn. It's just that for me, the War on Christmas is such a closely held belief that I can't help but think we can do better than this. I mean, people still celebrate it, and I won't rest until every last one of them fasts for Ramadan.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The perfect way to defend Christmas would be to put the Bush administration in charge of the war against it.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yawn is getting nothing this Christmas -- no DVDs, no PS2 games and absolutely no sex -- so all he has left is ignorant postings intended to stir up a storm.

I, for one, am amused by your dumbassery because I don't know too many conservatives who would want to be associated with you.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Public expression of religion by private entities: protected by the Bill of Rights.

Governmental funding or taxation of religion: prohibited by the Bill of Rights.

It's actually very simple.

A few years back, an ad rep's boyfriend and I were talking about "A Charlie Brown Christmas." He said, "I'm surprised they even let that be on TV because it quotes the Bible and all the liberals would get offended." I explained to him that private entities are perfectly free to broadcast religious programming...in fact, there are entire networks devoted to such. In fact, it's even possible to see preachers on TV on Sunday mornings. It was funny, watching his tiny mind trying to function after that.

Less funny is the fact that people are so ignorant of the Constitution that they haven't the vaguest understanding of the Bill of Rights. Do people think that churches pay taxes?

And "liberals" are the reason people in this country are free to have any religion they choose...or none at all.

Off topic, Yawn's parents need to monitor his internet usage a bit more vigilantly.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Irish,

Why do you hate America?

Draft saved Draft deleted