1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ukraine Always Get What You Want

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Oh, man does that need a "We'll Be Right Back!" tag.

Мы сейчас вернемся!

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3636C18C-2D79-4A9E-ABB7-B36B9E4B7A52.jpeg

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don’t even need to click on the video to know what they are chanting.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. Baron Scicluna

Come to think of it, it may be a different chant than what you are thinking. But both of them would be appropriate.

Batman likes this.
  10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I did click, can you tell me wtf it is? lol

11. Baron Scicluna

ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling) was a small wrestling organization in the 1990s. They were the first to popularize the “hardcore” style of wrestling (I.e. violent, sometimes sexually oriented).

They went out of business in 2001, but the WWE bought the remnants and put out a crappy version in the mid-2000s.

Anyhoo, the 90s fans used to chant “ECW” for a variety of reasons, including celebrating the company, or when wrestlers would do an insane move. For instance, if guys fell off a 20-foot scaffold, rather than cheering for the individuals, the fans would constantly chant “ECW”.

Spartan may have been thinking of another chant that the ECW fans popularized. Namely “You fucked up.” Which the fans would chant of the wrestlers accidentally messed up a move in the ring.

I used the ECW chant in this context. Missle fired, turns around, blows up Russians. EC-DUB, EC-DUB, EC-DUB.

I couldn’t find a useful YOU FUCKED UP!” Chant on YouTube.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

We used to get ECW matches all the time on SportsChannel. I don’t even think they tried to hide the fact that it was fake as hell. TNA was around about then, too, and there were some NASCAR guys who were at least casually tied in with it.

Back on topic: Russians fired a missile at a shopping center with about 1,000 inside, Zelensky says.

Ukraine latest news: Busy Ukraine shopping centre hit by Russian strike - Zelensky - BBC News

Sounds like a war crime to me, but I only slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Draft saved Draft deleted