1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UGA beat writer, Macon

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Daniel Shirley, Jun 17, 2010.

1. esport12

esport12 Member

Too easy. Perhaps Daniel can update us all on the process.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is a great gig. Pay is respectable. I don't remember how much they travel for hoops, but the last couple guys to have this gig have been very competitive.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Dude, it hasn't been two weeks yet. Give it time.

4. Still working through the process. I'm on vacation this week, and didn't want to give my wife TOO MUCH ammunition by cutting it short. But I will let everyone know when it gets heated up.
    Thanks.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

There's so much I could say about this, but I will just echo that the current staff there, presuming that one person in particular has left, is good people. I don't know how much it has changed since it went from Knight Ridder to McClatchy, but Danny is a good guy and in Georgia, it doesn't get more intense than the UGA beat.

6. Rowdy Burns

Rowdy Burns New Member

I threw my hat into the ring as well, nothing to lose. I've gotten all too used to being a finalist and finishing 2nd in job openings. Here's to hoping that changes sometime.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

It doesn't matter how many times someone tells you no, you just need one to tell you yes.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

What Drip said. Put your name in for shits and giggles. You never know who will respond.

9. Neil Amato

Neil Amato New Member

Well, whoever gets this plum of a job won't have to play catch-up in terms of getting to know an established AD.

10. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Sounds like finalists have been named. Reliable source, but I don't have much more info than that.

11. ARose17

ARose17 Member

Yep, I was also told finalists were named.

12. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Daniel has really handled this like a pro, as one would expect. Yes, they're down to finalists. If any of you on here are among them, best of luck to you.

Draft saved Draft deleted