1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UGA asks prospects' parents to leave because they wore their other son's colors

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Sep 2, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

A blind man wouldn't miss those targets.

2. Wouldn't it have been smarter of UGA to have the kid come in for, like, ANY OTHER GAME?
    Did they expect the parents wouldn't be rooting for their older son?

3. Re: UGA asks prospects' parents to leave because they wore their other son's col

Sorry, don't see where UGA did anything wrong here other than perhaps poorly schedule the visit. I can't think of any school that would allow a visitor and his guests to wear the garb of the opposing team or cheer for the other team.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Re: UGA asks prospects' parents to leave because they wore their other son's col

May the kid have been on an unofficial visit because he was tagging along with his parents to see the brother play?

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Who cares? Is it that big of a deal?

Normally, I'd see the point, but be a little flexible.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I ask because I honestly don't know....would parents there to see the other brother get tickets in the recruiting section for an unofficial visit? I don't know how any of that stuff works...

7. I think it if was an unoffical, they have no right to complain. He's not even really a guest at that point. He's just there.
    If it was an official, they just should have scheduled it for any other game.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Re: UGA asks prospects' parents to leave because they wore their other son's col

Good question.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Really, whoever coordinates the recruiting at UGA should have known better than to let this happen. I hope the kid ends up elsewhere in the SEC and helps beat up on UGA for four years.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I had no clue this was Bowman's parents. Yeah, the parents probably ought to be in orange and black. If you know the parents have another son who's an All-Big 12 wideout, you might want to schedule that family for another game.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That's a tough one. There's nothing wrong with the parents supporting one child (on the field) while being with the other while he's visiting. But I can understand why they asked him to move.

12. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Is it possible the family used the recruiting scenario to get free tickets to Big Borther's game.

If it was "unofficial," can they still be in the rercuits' section?

Draft saved Draft deleted