1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UFC results

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Seabasket, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

If anyone else is stuck at work, NBC's website is updating results during the night.

http://www.nbcsports.com/sports/741098/detail.html

2. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Cro Cop in UFC should be interesting.

3. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Liddell is a fucking machine right now. Tito had as good of a gameplan as anyone against him and still got TKO'd.
    I can't wait for Quinton Jackson to get his shot at Liddell. For those who haven't seen their 2003 bout, YouTube it. Chuck's body takes a beating.
    And, I agree, I'm excited to see Cro Cop in UFC. He'll have the strap before long. Hopefully, Fedor Emelianenko (sp?) won't be far behind.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Did the guy who did more crank win?

5. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Sure, just like in baseball, football, basketball, hockey, soccer, tennis, etc., etc. The giy (or girl) who does more crank always wins.

Mock it all you want, but MMA is a big deal right now in the sports world. Tonight's pay-per-view was estimated to have drawn over a million PPV buys. The live gate brought in $5.4 million. It may not be everyone's cup of tea because none of us grew up watching it. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be respected.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

HEY! I demand a retraction!

The soccer fan respects the right of UFC to have coverage, and to have passionate fans. The sporting landscape, the sporting page, have plenty of room.

But yeah, I did chuckle at Zeke's line, because it will release the hounds.

7. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

I couldn't agree more.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't worry. We will.

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

From the results link:
    Yeah, Jenna Jameson, the idea of sloppy ten-thousandths and the need for bulletproof jimmy hats.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Ass end of the briefs rail, below the 89-year-old man who placed in the kata tournament and the European soccer roundup.

11. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I watched my first match the other night (Ortiz vs. (I think) Sheppard)) and I have to admit, it was pretty exciting. I can do without the forearm shivers to the face, but I like the fighting when it's on foot, I like the defensive tactics from the guy who's down and I like the wrestling moves.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yes, I add my thanks that we'll be allowed to continue.

Draft saved Draft deleted