1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UFC president's homophobic, sexist rant at reporter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Do you think his rant helped his organization? Maybe it did and will tickle the fan base.

2. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Dana White is an egomaniac, a meathead and college dropout with a big mouth and some business savvy. This obviously is not indicative of that.

Not a good move on his part.

But he's a big reason why UFC is booming these days. He's a great promoter and a firm believer that any publicity is good publicity. Or maybe he confuses that with notoriety. The fighters from what I hear hate his guts.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

That's the point.

And I don't mean to be stereotypical - but I'd venture to say the fan base of MMA or UFC or whatever the fuck the sport is called these days is similar to that of WWF and well, I'd say the average person in that demographic has less teeth than toes, more tatoos than limbs and probably thinks it is really cool that this dude uses such "cool" and "tough guy" terms like "faggot", "pussy", "bitch" and "fucking retarded."

So to answer your question -- his rant probably was widely popular among his fan base.

But again, that's just me stereotyping fans of UFC, I am sure there are a few normal people who love that sport......

4. dargan

dargan Active Member

The best part is his buddy whose back is in the frame the entire time. Doesn't seem too comfortable there at the end.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You made it to the end?

6. dargan

dargan Active Member

Yeah.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It is what it is.

It's the UFC. It's not the NFL. It's not MLB. It's not the NBA.

I enjoy watching the UFC every now and then. There was a time a few years ago when I didn't miss PPV. Now, I watch it on Spike occasionally and a PPV every now and again.

Despite what he says, White knows the UFC will never been nearly as popular as the four majors.

That said, he's a hell of a promotor and he knows how to run the business. And honestly, this probably wasn't even a blip on the radar screen for most of the people involved with UFC. Just another day.

Has this Loretta Hunt responded yet?

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Most UFC fans think this is great.

9. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

UFC is a mix of NASCAR fans and WWE fans. Very intelligent following and an even more intellectually stimulating product.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Haven't viewed this yet, but is there a speakerphone presence?

If not ...

[​IMG]

... he's not impressed.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Steroids and meth are a hell of a cocktail.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I hate you for that :D

Draft saved Draft deleted