1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UFC coverage huge hit for WaPo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Perry White, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2006/11/ufc_madness_at_the_wapo.html

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

The tone of this post sounds a lot like something a Nascar fan would have said a few years ago...

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Means nothing.

It means the link was posted on something like Fark or on a UFC fan club blog/mailing list and generated lots of hits. Tom Dickson gets a gruntload of hits for his "will it blend?" commericials. Doesn't mean there is a ton of reader interest in blenders.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I clicked on the Washington Post story because someone called asking who won. We didn't have it in our paper. I did a google search and that's what came up.

5. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

That's what I was thinking.

My paper's site got an extra 100,000 hits one day last week because the link, for an AP story, was up on the Drudge Report. The story had nothing to do with our area, but it was by far our most viewed story for the week.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The WaPo ran a gamer written off TV coverage?

To me, that's more surprising than the number of hits the story is getting.

Draft saved Draft deleted