1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UCLA campus floods; Louis Slungpue is on the scene

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jul 30, 2014.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Of course the stupid clam thinks its, "not funny at all." Most people don't find it funny when they are shown to be vacuous morons who can't think on their feet whatsoever.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it doesn't always do much good. Everyone uses a cell now, so odds are all that will come up is a number that tells you nothing.

I work in TV, so I'm obviously biased, but I generally don't find this shit funny at all. At least this was on a minor spot news event.

I'm generally the one in the control room in these situations, not the one taking the call and sending it to the control room. My first question is always "Did we call them or did they call us?" If they called us, there's very little chance I'll put it on air. The last thing I want is some asswipe screaming "Baba Booey!" on my newscast.

3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

4. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Not exactly the same but I remember reading several years ago about a blogger for a MLB team, a blogger who while he had a decent-enough sized audience, still wasn't one of the elites. Anyway, he posed as lower-level team employee and in the end, had a beat writer for a reputable paper tweeting out "Sources say MLB Team A is trading it's top prospect for Joe Slugger (I dont remember the teams or players involved).

Although it was written straight up with no humor, I found it funny and it's why I always take trade rumors with a grain of salt, even if they come from the big boys.

Draft saved Draft deleted