1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S vs. Puerto Rico

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Still a Bulls fan, Aug 19, 2006.

1. D Wade and da boys having some problems early. It's not a cake walk like it was during exhibition play. Thoughts

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thoughts?

Fuck basketball.

That's my thought.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

All I know is if Arroyo and Howard play like this together next season, the Magic are a playoff team.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Who the hell is this color commentator?? Shooter Flach?

"The U.S. needs to forget about pressure defense, and fall back and not give up anything 20 feet in."

Yeah. Sure. Slow the ball down and "PTRW," too. ::) ::)

5. peixeiro

peixeiro Guest

The PBP guy is godawful.
    ESPN obviously didn't send any crew to Japan, and it shows. They've had the score wrong several times (often crediting 3-pointers for baskets that were way inside the line), and the announcers don't have a clue about what's going on.
    The U.S. got a technical in the first quarter, but we still don't know who got it.

6. Starman

Now he's bitching again about going for steals. I swear it must be Larry Brown. ::) ::)

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It's super on the color Fran Fraschilla. He has apparently been annointed the ESPN International basketball expert since getting run out of college basketball.

By the way, these "better basketball" commericals, with Chauncey Billups stalling recomendation and Rick Barry could soon elevate to Tom Emanski levels. Come on Chauncey, at least McGriff sold it!

8. Starman

In the space of about 45 seconds, while Fraschilla is blithering about taking chances on defense, the lead goes from 6 to 16.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

As with the soccer world cup this year, the commentry is abysmal. Where's Bill Walton when you need him. At least I'd be giggling, not bored to death.

I don't think Fraschilla's tone has changed once, it's all so antiseptic. Couldn't they get Tom Tolbert to show up and make fun of people?

10. peixeiro

peixeiro Guest

GAG ME WITH A SPOON

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yeah, Howard has been looking great. I guess we now know that the Magic made the right choice in taking Howard over Okafor.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

All I know is Howard and Bosh better not get hurt playing in this shit.

They're my two keeper studs in my fantasy league.

Draft saved Draft deleted