1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. steps up covert ops in Iran

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Jun 29, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yes, because the oil companies who are raping us already to the tune of record profits will use it as an excuse to screw us a little harder.

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

This sets up the end of the world nicely.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Great, I'll start printing up the "I love God" t-shirts to sell to people.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's great it starts with an earthquake birds and snakes and aeroplanes Lenny Bruce is not afraid.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'll take the over on that. I don't think the bombing will start until after the election. Bush will leave the mess for Obama to clean up. (If McCain wins, he won't make that mess.)

6. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Yes, they are. Except they were code-named "peace initiatives."

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You think they aren't already and haven't been doing so for a long time? If you're that naive you might want to leave these conversations to others.

8. ScribePharisee

Yes they are. It's code name is "stock market speculators."

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how long it will be before the left goes after "Big Financial."

10. ScribePharisee

They already are. They're "talking a good game" in the halls of Congress right now. Growling and hissing are effective.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I won't be paying $10 a gallon.
    I won't be buying anything since I'll more than likely be out of a job.
    And I suspect many on this board will be in the same boat.
    The sad thing is our President and his advisers are collectively stupider than a 5 year old.
    A 5 year old kid puts his hand on a hot stove. He'll burn his hand and won't touch a hot stove again. Our leadership is looking at yet another hot stove and thinking, 'this time, I won't burn my hand" and is now reaching for the stove.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

A solid analogy, except this is worse: the stove we're reaching for now is three times larger and ten times hotter than the one that fucked us up before. It's madness.

Draft saved Draft deleted