1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. steps up covert ops in Iran

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Jun 29, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Sy Hersh reports: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/07/07/080707fa_fact_hersh

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Great news!

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Rather than worry about the future of the newspaper industry, I am now beginning to worry whether the Moron in Chief will find a way to bring about the end of the world in his remaining seven months of total incompetence.
    The world would be better served if he were to spend the next seven months hibernating at his bogus ranch in Crawford, Texas, doing some chores, riding his bike or horses, going hunting with Cheney, and not having anything more to do with the governance of this country.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I guess they're really not that covert ....

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Seriously?

6. old_tony

Well, yes, it's great that they're doing it. It's not so great that it's now being reported.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

What exactly is great about it, tony? The possibility of nuclear (or nucular) war?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's that damn liberal media at it again.

9. I Digress

I Digress Guest

scary, because these folks have proven to be so incompetent. The piece made me wonder about 'which' regime we're trying to change..the screwball president of Iran who doesn't actually have power, or the ayatollahs?

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

One of the main sustained problems here, Tony, is that given the veracity of (a), it was a slam-dunk that they'd (b) hide it from the American People (you/I/us) as long as possible.

Which is one of the myriad reasons why many of us don't trust these cruds as far as they can be thrown.

11. old_tony

Are you saying that there were no covert ops during the Clinton Administration? Or that they were all OK because it was Clinton?

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

No, and no.

But the current regime has cornered the market in crappy modern foreign-policy judgment. And they seem to take special joy in instigating fun new projects for their successor(s) to extricate US out of, at untenable pain/expense, to scant good end.

Draft saved Draft deleted