1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. Senator's nephew killed in Iraq

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

http://www.helenair.com/articles/2006/08/02/montana_top/a01080206_01.txt

Tim O'Brien, my favorite author, always said that if you're willing to support a war, you should be willing to send your sons, daughters, neices and nephews to the front of the battle lines, otherwise the cause isn't just. Montana Sen. Max Baucus voted to give Bush the authority to start a war in Iraq, so I guess he at least meets that standard.

Don't make Philip Baucus any more important than any of the soldiers who have already died there. All are equally courageous. But it's got to be a tough situation for the Baucus family, especially John Baucus. Not too many fathers can say their brother voted to send their son to war.

Sad.

Without getting overly political, I'd be interested in knowing if any of the CEO's of companies like Halliburton or Betchel have sons or daughters or nephews or nieces serving in this mess. The odds, I imagine, are slim.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

So sad for Max and his family.

Draft saved Draft deleted