1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. Open thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Left_Coast, Jun 13, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Dougherty even through four. I figured he'd shoot in the high 70s today. Of course, day ain't over yet.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

And now nobody is under par.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Can somebody help me out here:

What is the difference between a "great shot," and a "great golf shot?"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

We know it's golf you idiots!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Attitude...

5. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

What are the chances this cut gets to 11? Good? There's a gaggle of guys at 8 and 9 that can only go back, right?

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Right now the cut line would be 9-over, which gets 74 in, but I don't think Cabrera will stay in red numbers by the end of the day. Cut probably will come at 11-over.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Hey Phil, STFU. You were the one who chose to come to this course repeatedly to practice. You were well aware of the elements, i.e. green speeds and rough. You were the one who insisted on practicing in it and risking the injury. Don't blame Oakmont or the USGA for your misfortune. Ken Venturi didnn't complain about the heat when he won his open dehydrated.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Been a pet peeve of mine for years. And don't forget when they say something about "working his golf ball." What? He's not playing with a bowling ball?

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

God Berman makes my ears bleed. He says if Bubba Watson's score holds up he'll play in the "final pair" then he said Montgomerie dominated "the Europe Tour." Has this idiot ever watched a golf telecast? His way of saying a guy hit a bad shot or had a bad day is to sigh loudly. Make it stop!

10. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

How many of these guys go home to watch footage of Casey's round?

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Or Bubba Watson's.

12. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

And I thought Bob Watson's sports career ended when he retired from the Atlanta Braves in 1984.

Draft saved Draft deleted