1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. Open running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Aug 25, 2008.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Just turned it on. Big win for Fish, too.

2. JakeandElwood

And he takes the second set. The crowd seems like it has really gotten behind him.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Nadal was up 4-2 in the second and the kid came back and won 5 of the next 6 to take the set 7-5. Pretty damn impressive.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He broke Nadal like three times in that set (and was broken twice). Damn.

And he's American. I'd be surprised if the crowd didn't get behind after he started playing really well.

5. JakeandElwood

Nadal has looked good so far in the 3rd. Took the early break (didn't see it since there was a news break) and saved three break points to go up 2-0.

6. sportschick

I really don't think Querrey has a chance to win, but that's the first set Nadal has lost in this tourney.

7. JakeandElwood

It looks like he has an easy draw if he can beat Querrey. Fish then the highest seed for the semis is Murray who I think he should handle well.

8. sportschick

Nadal's forehand is off today.

And yea, if he gets through this match the rest of the draw is easier than the other half.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of going tomorrow. Who's on Center Court around 5 p.m.?

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Tomorrow's sked not up yet. Why 5 o'clock? Day session will be almost over by then and night is separate admission.

11. sportschick

If one of the night matches isn't Roddick-Gonzalez, I'll be shocked.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I have something to do at 2'ish, when I'm there, last me till 4'ish. You're right, though. I'll wait for the night session. I want to see a Center Court match, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted