1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. eliminated from 2018 World Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

TAke a look, y'all: Rainier_Wolfcastle.jpeg

Hermes and Donny in his element like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

God I love this sport. On any given day, there’s a chance you’ll witness something you’ve never seen before.

(No, I don’t just mean a goal being scored.)

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Probably should save that celebration for when you make the save, instead of the shooter hitting the cross bar.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Seen a few of those. There are some good "premature celebration" videos on YouTube with similar moments across sports.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

A shame they couldn't convince Marco Belinelli and Danilo Gallinari to switch sports.

Webster, YankeeFan and UPChip like this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Swimming is siphoning a lot of athletes.

[​IMG]

Double Down likes this.
  8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

2 years ago, my daughter’s sub-travel u12 team was winning a playoff game. We had a girl with a really strong leg taking a corner kick. She hits a really hard flat ball right in front of the goal. Their GK make a nice play and catches it. She and her teammates are excited (competent GK play is extremely rare at that level and this was a really tough ball to handle) and are celebrating her play. During their congratulations, she steps into the goal with the ball in her hands and the ball crosses the line. 3-1 and the game is essentially over.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

A few years ago I watched a friendly between Aston Villa, a bad Premier League team soon to be relegated, and FC Dallas. Villa had its way all night and dominated, especially the middle third. So I’d agree with your assessment.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Participation trophies and orange slices: They’re not just for rich American kids anymore!

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted