1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U of Oregon Ultimate Frisbee team in trouble

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, May 2, 2009.

1. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

The Seattle Times tells us:

"The team had been placed on probation in November, following a party for more than 200 Ultimate players from around the Northwest. Eugene police responded to a noise complaint and found five kegs of beer and several minors hiding in the attic."

Dean Wormer woulda gone for double secret probation.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

My friend's son played on the team at Minnesota and got to travel quite a bit, includin a tournament in Europe. It's a much bigger deal now than when my friends and I got together to play it in the late 70s.

3. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Lived with two Ultimate players during my senior year of college. Fun folks, those Ultimate players. Good parties. Good attitudes. Passionate about their sport -- and not a penny of official funding, as I recall.

Of course, one of my roommates wound up undergoing shoulder surgery for an injury he sustained during an Ultimate match and had a bunch of other related injuries because of practices and games. And there was a lot of intrasport dating, which led to the wonderfully appropriate nickname of Cultimate.

But, really. Fun stuff.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You only cover us when we're naked.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Something tells me you weren't a hippie.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

forever_town just kicked at a wall and now he knows why.

Funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted