1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tyson - Amazing Turnaround

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Dec 4, 2012.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Reading the Dykstra thread, there was a reference to Lenny hitting Tyson level.

Well, heard a radio interview with Tyson today talking about his Broadway show and damn, Tyson sounds like an engaging guy who's got his head on straight now. He sounded glib, honest, and well aware of where he's gone and where's at now (funny story about seeing (the then no-name) Brad Pitt leaving Robin Givens' place when Mike went back for post-divorce romance.)

Tyson's show is coming to the Bay Area in a couple of months and I'm getting tickets.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Would you like to buy some prime swampland in Florida at a discounted rate?

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm going off the interview and I'm an eternal optimist so does the swampland have water access?

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

One guy who didn't let a tattoo hurt his job prospects.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It's the feel-good story of the year! I'm getting high off his ebullience, charm and wit! His face tat makes him huggable! Convicted rapist or not, he was great in The Hangover! I just love Mike Tyson!

Eta: Sorry, qt, can't resist poking a little fun at society's short memory and you in the process. Please forgive. :p :)

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Isn't he also a vegan now? I remember reading something several years back that said his weight was well over 300.

I'm guessing he's heavily medicated now, but whatever he's doing is working.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It floors me that in 2012, Mike Tyson is not only alive, but apparently thriving. Bigger upset than Douglas over Tyson.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Tyson said today about Buster Douglas that he lost because he did not train at all, thought he was invincible and that it did not matter how he trained, he would win. Guess most figured this but still revealing to hear him say it.

9. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Reminds me of a Prince quote from the late 90s I believe, when he said something to the effect of "Who would have thought I'd have turned out to be a good family man and Michael Jackson would be the weird one?"

If you didn't see the Comedy Central Roast (of Charlie Sheen) with Tyson as a roaster, he was actually pretty good.

Draft saved Draft deleted