1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Typecast actors/actresses

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Mar 16, 2012.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I think you can put Leslie Nielsen in that boat. If I ever run across one of his earlier TV guest roles on the old 70s detective series where he's playing it straight, I'd probably be laughing my head off.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can definitely see that.

3. ryanb

ryanb Member

Is that typecasting or is he simply incapable of doing anything else?

4. Mizzougrad96

After Reservoir Dogs, he was definitely going to be typecast as a badass. Badass cop. Badass criminal.

He was Tarentino's original choice to play Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction, but went another direction because Madsen had played Vic Vega in Dogs, who was the cousin of Vincent Vega and Tarentino didn't want the same actor to play both parts.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Patrick Stewart

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I had always heard Madsen turned down the role because he didn't want to become Vic Vega and that Vincent Vega was originally going to be Vic Vega but Tarantino changed it to Vincent when Madsen declined the role.

7. Mizzougrad96

I'll bet he's kicking himself on that one.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The thing is that Michael Richards doesn't have a career except as Cosmo Kramer.

To me it's kind of like saying that Milton Berle was typecast as Milton Berle.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Radcliffe will be a top contender for John Lennon when the definitive Beatles biomovie is made about 2020.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

What about Stanley Spadowski?

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see if Kristen Stewart will ever shake the association with "Bella Swan."

I know she was in the Runaways movie, but other than that, has she done anything well known other than Twilight over the past four years?

12. Mizzougrad96

I love that movie.

Draft saved Draft deleted