1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tyler Summitt out after making Baby Techster

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

There's no denying he was a "name" hire. And he may have been too young for this, but he did have two years as the top assistant for one of the better women's coaches out there in Mitchell.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'm curious, shottie, how exactly do you know that he was the"top" assistant for those two years at Marquette? Because, I must say, it does strike me as rather presumptuous for a program at that level to give the "top" assistant spot to a 21-year-old who just finished college with zero prior grown-up work experience. Did Marquette not have any other assistants with more experience?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Oh, their program's getting plenty of attention now.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If La Tech hired Geno as their new coach they might have a shot at returning to national contention. Otherwise, no.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Sure you would.

Unless you were able to find a better qualified 15-year-old.

10 Of The Youngest CEOs Today

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Stoney, I might have been a little presumptuous with the "top assistant" tag. Here's the Wikipedia entry:

"Summitt served as assistant coach to Terri Mitchell at Marquette University, at which he oversaw the team's offense, prior to being hired as head coach of Louisiana Tech's Lady Techsters on April 1, 2014."

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, that's just the silliest comparison ever. Those kids created the thing that they're boss of. Nobody hired them to run somebody else's pre-existing company. Conversely, Summitt never created or did any damn thing of significance, his only real distinguishing feature was having the word Summitt on his birth certificate.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  8. Baron Scicluna

Just wait until they start telling their classmates that there's no excuse why they can't put down the video games and have their parents loan them money so they can build their own business too.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You keep fucking that chicken like you're winning something.
    But you're not. You're just fucking a chicken. And it's shamefully bad.

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Puhleeze. There's been other threads that have continued the chicken fucking without me. I just decided to beat them to the punch this time.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

It really is. Yeesh! Move on, please, Baron.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You really are Lt. Hauk.
    He couldn't hear the crowd, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.