1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ty Willlingham out at UW

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by finishthehat, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The more I think about it, the more I think they should interview DeWayne Walker. I think that guy's going to be a good head coach somewhere.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess next Tuesday's election might have something to with it. Gregoire is a UW alum. Rossi went to Seattle U.
    And aren't there already a bunch of taxes tied into Qwest and Safeco Fields?

And I like the Brady Hoke idea. Apparently he was a finalist for Washington State last year.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

For the record, Pat Hill has won one WAC title at Fresno State. Fresno shared the WAC title in 1999 with Hawaii and TCU, before Boise State entered the conference and began its domination of it.

4. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

As a WSU alum, I say let the Tyees pay for any renovations. For the love of god, student fees are paying for the Martin Stadium "upgrades."

Also, the state legislator who represents the University District is the speaker of the house Frank Chopp. He's one of the most anti-public funding of stadium legislators in the state.

He's also the guy who said he wouldn't support a NASCAR track here because Richard Petty was picked up for a DUI (which, in fact, is not true).

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

The tax continuation the UW wants to use for Husky Stadium is the same one the Sonics (allegedly) wanted to use for a new basketball arena. That went nowhere; I don't see the UW plan going much further, especially since it would also require sending some money east to Wazzu (technically it wouldn't be required, but there would be a shitstorm if they didn't).

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I see the SportsJournalists.com clowns have made their rounds.

Draft saved Draft deleted