1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two weeks ago, he was the starting QB at Notre Dame....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by noodles, Sep 14, 2007.

1. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

All of a sudden, Cincinnati is slowly becoming relevant in football.

Dantonio got it rolling with the Rutgers win last year, but Brian Kelly has the program on the fast track. Ranked for the first time since the 1970s, selling out home games (which never happens at Nippert unless its Elder/St. Xavier playing there), and now picking up a high-profile transfer.
    things are looking up for the Bearcats.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If he went to App State, he could have joined the team that beat the team that buttloved Notre Dame to the tune of 38-0.

3. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

And then lost to Wofford.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to verify this but supposedly ND wouldn't grant a release for the kid to transfer to a school that Notre Dame was already scheduled to play in the next three years. Has anyone else heard that?

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

[/quote]

I haven't been able to verify this but supposedly ND wouldn't grant a release for the kid to transfer to a school that Notre Dame was already scheduled to play in the next three years. Has anyone else heard that?
    [/quote]

That's their policy, yes.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Didn't know that was their policy. I had heard they were making it a point for this kid specifically.

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I'm not 100 percent on it, but I've heard it described that way. I don't know if it's a Weis thing or existed before him.

8. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I believe it's a Weis thing. Also an issue for a backup tight end who recently left who has a brother at Stanford.

9. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Notre Dame is acting foolish and this whole episode will further hurt recruiting. Seems like more pettiness from a once proud school and football program.

Draft saved Draft deleted