1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Thousand Six Hundred & Ninety-Three to Zero

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Sep 27, 2006.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As of September 26, 2006, that's the reported American casualities in Iraq and the number of Weapons of Mass Destruction recovered in Iraq.

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfled, Powell(worst offender since he probably knew better) & Rice ought to be charged with treason and crimes against the American People

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Yawn.

3. heyabbott

August 20, 2006, a birthday for someone, date of death for others. You'll excuse me if I don;t yawn.
    Sgt Gabriel DeRoo, 25, Michigan
    Cpl Adam Chavez, 21, Salt Lake City
    Hospitalman Chadwick Kenyon, 20, Tuscon
    LCpl Randy Newman, 21, Oregeon

excuse me while

4. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Don't forget to add the 9-11 deaths to the toteboard. Bush did that too, right?

5. heyabbott

No. He just started an unnecessary war that has killed 2,693 American soldiers. But you knew that, of course.

6. Forget it, 'yab --
    The synapses are all gone in some folks.

7. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Yep. And I voted for him in '04 with a clear conscience, too. But you knew that, of course.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Dog, these are numbers associated solely with the Iraq war, which obviously isn't even close to the same thing as the 9/11 attack. But in an attempt to NOT address the original post, you bring up a mutant topic, re: thousands of deaths caused by TERRORISTS, not GWB.

But the deaths of these soldiers? You can lay a good part of the blame on the Shrub's shoulders.

And pardon me if I don't fucking yawn, either. These are real lives. Nice sensitivity.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

In Biff's case, there were none to begin with.

Two bricks short of a load.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It's not just the American soldiers dead... Its the lives destroyed of so many regular Iraqi citizens.. at a multiple of what? x10? x50? x100?

I don't know what the answers are... But I don't like at all seeing tape of the president making jokes about the missing WMD.. are they under the rug? in the drawer?

That shit doesn't sit well with me, when so many lives are affected by the decision to go there based on the reports of WMD.

11. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

This thread is not going to end well.

And. . . we can always use another "George Bush is a terrible president" thread.

12. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Another good one. Wow, how do you come up with this stuff? You've got to have writers.

Draft saved Draft deleted