1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two tales of reconnection

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Apr 30, 2007.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i went to a reunion of my college baseball team a few weeks ago. ox (his nickname), our all-conference shortstop, was the same arrogant son of a bitch he's always been. he couldn't stop talking about himself. but he's gained about 30 pounds since we graduated from college 12 years ago - all in the gut and face - and i haven't.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I understand what you're saying, and you make a valid point, but not everyone is on MySpace.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

it was nice of hockeyb to start a reconnection thread, but really what I thought when I read it was that he and his cuz really owe the aunt and uncle a couple year's worth of apologies.

4. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

that's what i use myspace for. i recently went out to dinner with someone i went to junior and high school with but never talked to back then. After a year of trading emails and figuring out when in our busy lives we can hang out and reminisce, we finally did and it was a lot of laughs and fun. For me that's the purpose of things like myspace, although I know why people are reluctant and figure eventually the predators will ruin it for everyone else..

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I talked to my cousin today, before he went to his jiu-jitsu class. It looks like we're going to get lunch or dinner Mother's Day Weekend with my mom and dad and sisters.

It was like old times.

"HB, we'll get some lunch."

Damn skippy.

"We'll have a couple laughs."

Yup.

"We'll swap stories with your mom and dad."

If they get out-of-line, we'll slap 'em around because we're men. Manly men.

"Of course. That's how we roll."

Draft saved Draft deleted