1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two snaps up! In Living Color is coming back!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 3, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Chappelle's Show had a few advantages, though. Sundays at 8:30 or 9 p.m. on network television would never allow a skit like the "Frontline" episode about a blind, black white supremacist. It also only had like two skits per show. I'd be surprised if they had more than 15 minutes of actual skits per episode. The rest was Dave cracking jokes or musical performances. "In Living Color" had more time to fill. Lastly, I'm not sure Chappelle's Show ever happens if not for "In Living Color."

My guess is that the two half-hour episodes of "In Living Color" will be really good. They don't need to spread the funny over 22 episodes. But if they try to bring it back for a full season, I doubt it will live up to the original.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Maybe they can get J-Lo and Carrie Ann Inaba back as Fly Girls.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Hey, Kelly Cofield and Steve Park need the work.
    Alexandra Wentworth...no.

4. Mizzougrad96

Just because she married well? :D

5. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

But still above MAD TV in the comedy rankings? :) The Brothers Brothers was a decent skit as well.

6. And it's Not. Even. Close.

7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Let me SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

In Living Color -- which wasn't very funny to me at the time even though I was dead-center in their target demographic -- is funnier now ... for all of the wrong reasons.

I was laughing my ass off when I caught an episode in a hotel where they spent half of it making fun of Shabba Ranks.

Take that, early 90s flavor of the moment! Next up, In Living Color slices and dices Fu Schnickens and Onyx!

And so much of the black pride they tried to convey was well-intended, but inch-deep in retrospect.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I was always partial to the homeless man with the urine jar.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Antawn the Bum was fabulous.

So was the Homeboy's Shopping Network.

11. mad dawg

mad dawg Member

Mo' Money, Mo' Money, Mo' Money ...

12. Mizzougrad96

I was listening to Chris Rock on Marc Maron's podcast and he was talking about leaving SNL to go on In Living Color and the show being canceled three months later...

Draft saved Draft deleted