1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Indiana brothers OD at same party

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 15, 2015.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Friend of mine from back home many years ago decided he needed some therapy. Don't know what kind of doc he saw, but at some point they decided that perhaps he could use a little chemical help. The doc asked him, "Have you ever taken drugs?" My friend said he had. "Well, which of the drugs do you recall enjoying the most?" My friend thought awhile and said he recalled really enjoying mushrooms. So, the doc took that in consideration and prescribed X. Apparently my friend's really liking 'shrooms meant that X (antidepressant, anti-anxiety, I don't know ... some type of head drug) was probably a good first step.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Ecstasy didn't come along until well after my heyday, but from what I hear of it, Dick would HATE it.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I had a girlfriend who did it, although I don't think it was until after we broke up. Never did it around me, though. She smoked a ton of pot. Her life revolved around it, basically. College, though.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Ahem ... Pour yourself a glass of Chablis Grand Cru, or maybe a nice upper-tier Pommard ...

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

There's only one reason to drink. On a related note, I haven't had a drink in five years.

HC likes this.
  6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I've got a laundry list of reasons to drink.

JC likes this.
  7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

To quench your thirst?

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

He explained both options -- being put under, or just getting the numbing shots -- and he explained that my wisdom teeth weren't going to be all that hard to yank out. So I said fuck it. Saved the $500 and let him shoot me up. The first tooth popped right out. Took maybe 5 seconds. The other three? Not as pleasant. Had to shoot me up about 4 more times. Kinda of a pain, but I'm glad I chose that option in the end.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Just make sure you've got an experienced guide to help you avoid a bad trip. And never, ever go through the drive-through at Jack In The Box while tripping. That clown mascot will freak you right out.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Anyone ever candy flip? Yeah, me either.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Smoked a ridiculous amount of pot in college. As I got older, I found it ended up just making me sleepy.

Speed was a fairly popular drug back in my teens--the aforementioned black beauties, yellow jackets...

Dabbled in a little coke in college as well, but as mentioned the price tag kept that from getting out of hand.

Glad crystal meth wasn't prevalent in my day. Have never tried it, but could have seen that being big trouble back then in my do anything to near excess days, on the assumption it's fairly inexpensive (don't know if that's true or not.}

Did acid a couple times and found it a very enjoyable experience. Once was at a Rolling Stones concert where we didn't have any pot, and ran across someone when we were searching to buy pot, but had only acid instead. Was at a mid 80s tour with the massive inflatables, or at least I thought they were....

Remember the ask drunk X threads here from the old days? Just think what an ask acid laced Dick thread could be like....

JackReacher and cranberry like this.
  12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Have you ever seen a gun?

JackReacher likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted