1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Army recruiters shot in Little Rock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 1, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This is really bullshit. I can't really argue with those wondering why Tiller's death is getting more play - other than the fact that Tiller was more well known and was specifically targeted.
    That said, these soldiers were doing nothing more than serving their country and wearing a uniform that some sick twist didn't like. I can't imagine the families of the soldiers thinking the guys would at least be safe hanging out at a recruiting station in Little Rock and then this happens. They hadn't even deployed yet.
    Both situations are tragic.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I had the thought this afternoon that they should tie both perps to the same stake before lighting the match in order to save costs. I'm not proud of myself for thinking that way, but I did.

3. That's why. I know it's easy to say "liberal bias," but I'm pretty sure it's because of Tiller's high profile.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to tell Lt. Hastings you don't convert to "muslim".

5. HorseWhipped

HorseWhipped Guest

That's what I wonder every day.
    This country should be the gold standard again.

Long way to go to get back to that status.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

People who think the gold standard would be an improvement are what make me wonder. But to each their own.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There's been a lot of senseless and shocking murders in Little Rock in the last year. From the Anne Pressly beating, to the Bill Gwatney assassination (I don't know what else to call it), to this.

Draft saved Draft deleted