1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Army recruiters shot in Little Rock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Suspect might have had an explosive device in his vehicle too. Recruiters are both in "serious" condition.

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/UPDATE-Double-shooting-on-Rodney-Parham-bomb/t9nphLyF6E-IgzORO8kHow.cspx

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Jesus. What the hell is wrong with people?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Some left-wing kook who hates the military.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Someone should fix that ...

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So the guy just told them to get out of there?

6. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

One of the recruiters died, according to KATV.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not cool at all. Try having at least a little respect instead of politicizing this.

My heart goes out to the families of both recruiters. Not much else you can say, really.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

This just in

I got a dollar that says this is gang-related.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

(USA TODAY) A Muslim convert who said he was opposed to the U.S. military shot two soldiers outside an Arkansas recruiting station, killing one of the soldiers, police said Monday.
    "This individual appears to have been upset with the military, the Army in particular, and that's why he did what he did," Little Rock Police Lt. Terry Hastings said in a phone interview.
    "He has converted to Muslim here in the past few years," Hastings said. "To be honest we're not completely clear on what he was upset about. He had never been in the military."
    Hastings identified the man in custody as Carlos Bledsoe, 24, of Little Rock, who was going by the name of Abdul Hakim Mujahid Muhammad. He did not have further details. The names of the soldiers were not released, nor was the condition of the wounded soldier.

11. jps

jps Active Member

guy deserves whatever the court's have in store for him. let him rot.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wow. I really didn't expect this to be the case and hoped it wouldn't be.

I figured it would turn out to be something personal, not political/religious.

Draft saved Draft deleted