1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twilight Zone and other holiday marathons

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TrooperBari, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No "Kick the Can"? That was one of my faves.

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Boomerang is showing all 166 episodes of The Flintstones tomorrow.

I may have to DVR all those Twilight Zone eps.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

FX is doing a Married with Children and King of the Hill marathon.

At least it's not seven showings of The Green Mile.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Man, I wish I had FX. Married with Children (at least the first 6 seasons) is wonderful.

5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Re: Twilight Zone.

Just saw the Dennis Hopper as Hitler one for the first time ever. "He's Alive." Fascinating to look up the history of why Serling wrote it; to remind people not to act like the American Nazi wannabes were a joke. Excellent, disturbing episode.

And . . . .Twilight Zone might have been the best show ever on TV. So many creative writers, so many actors got their start there, and they could basically tell whatever stories they wanted, even if they got a little heavy on the space alien fables at times. I guess my favorite of all time is the one with the writer who creates characters on audiotape, then throws the tape in the fire when he tires of them. Best ending any TZ episode ever had.

Yes, even better than the one where Roddy McDowell ends up a zoo specimen.

6. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Member

Here's a vote for an episode that gets little or no notice. It's called "The Grave" and features a young Lee Marvin as a gunfighter who is haunted by an outlaw from the great beyond. Alas, that one is not scheduled for the marathon. And ditto props for the episode with the old man and the dog on the way to heaven. It's called "The Hunt" and was written by Earl Hamner, the guy who created the Waltons. Think I've watched too much Twilight Zone? Is there such a thing??

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to do another "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" marathon, like TV Land did on New Year's Eve a few years ago. I've been doing it via Netflix, and if you've ever seen the Season 1, Disc 4 episode with Claude Rains, Charles Bronson and that Russian princess ventriloquist dummy...

8. "Room for one more, honey."
    Still scares the bejesus out of me.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Winner, winner chicken dinner!

Draft saved Draft deleted