1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twenty years old ... and UNDER CURFEW?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This story has been giving me a giggle for about a week.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/4657605.html

Sasha Abney, 20, and her 17-year-old cousin, Bryshada Ward, turned themselves in to Lampasas County authorities Thursday and were charged with a Class B misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in jail and a $2,000 fine. Both are free on $1,000 bail each.

The 17-year-old I understand. But if you're twenty freaking years old and still under curfew, you've got issues.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

You know a set of parents are screwy when even my parents would say "Wow, that's awfully old for a curfew."

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I didn't initally read it as the 20-year-old having a curfew. They were cousins, not sisters.

Seems to me like the girls went out together. The 17-year-old had a curfew. It was the 20-year-old's responsibility to get her home in time. They screwed up and realized there would be hell to pay, like a boy who doesn't get a girl home by her curfew. Doesn't mean the boy had a curfew, just that he missed the girl's curfew.

Then again, maybe she did have one.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I never had a curfew. It was always the same time as my friends, because they were the ones driving.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Uhm, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but the charges were for filing a false report, related to the kidnapping. And though the story said "they missed curfew," they were referring to the 17-year-old, not the 20-year-old.

Draft saved Draft deleted