1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twenty-five years ago today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I wasn't that big a fan of the killer bees either, but I did like the Bad News Bees.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

When I see Akroyd anymore, I want to puke.
    His choice to team with Belushi's hack brother and John Goodman to redo the Blue Brothers was unforgivable.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I went to high school with Cathy Smith, the woman who shot Belushi up. Before Belushi she hung out with Gord Lightfoot and a group called The Hawks, later known as The Band.

Her brother ended up teaching at my high school.

Belushi was an unbelievable talent. Those SNLs were the best.

4. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

"Sundown, you better take care..."

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It wasn't that bad... Belushi's brother wasn't in the movie. Just Goodman.

6. EStreetJoe

Belushi was funny on SNL and in the movies. He could get just as many laughs with just a look or his body language as he could with a well-written/well-delivered line.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The brother was involved in the Super Bowl performance.

8. EStreetJoe

Thanks for reminding me of that. I thought I had gotten that disaster out of my mind.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

One movie I liked him in that probably nobody remembers was "Continental Divide." He was a muckraking Chicago newspaper columnist who was sent to the mountains somewhere to do a story on conservationist Blair Brown. Of course, Belushi's character gets over his fish-out-of-water situation and falls in love with Brown. Kinda funny and sweet, and Brown was very fetching.

I do remember seeing his last movie, "Neighbors" with Aykroyd, on cable TV. That was quite the disappointment.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Joe Cocker was one of the funniest things I have seen ever.

But, I would agree that he was a two- to three-trick pony.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The character in "Continental Divide" was at least loosely based on Royko, I believe. I imagine many here didn't like it.

I took it for what it was and enjoyed it. It didn't hurt that I always had a big crush on Blair Brown.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

JESUS H. TAPDANCING CHRIST --- I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!

Draft saved Draft deleted