1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV's Ugly Betty - a hummer in the first five minutes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Oct 1, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Our tv tastes tend to go opposite of anything put on the networks, but my wife read about a new show, Ugly Betty, (an ugly, nice girl trying to get a job in the fashion world) and tivo'd it. Had the rating of "DL" for dialouge and language.

My wife and I and my 12 year old daughter, along with her friend spending the night, watched it last night. The boss is getting a hum job from his secretary under the table five minutes into the show. Classy. I'm sure the parents of my daughter's friend appreciated the introductiuon we gave her daughter about corporate world female role models.

I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary in terms of language or dialogue. Just a woman giving a blow job to her boss under the table.

Just get to the end of the road, ABC. Go ahead and show him giving her a money shot, or perhaps a dirty sanchez. Why not?

2. Sorry about the misleading rating, but it was a pretty good show.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

i'm sure that was an awkward moment for you and the mrs., but there aren't many 12-year-olds today who don't know all about hummers. sadly, for all you know, that 12-year-old has been there, done that.

frightening, but frighteningly true as well. :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

What shockey said. It's a different era.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

This is what network TV is these days. There's little to no creativity, so this is what viewers get. It used to be saved for the later hours, but with that approach today, the writers wouldn't have any material for the start of the night.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Don't let her watch the news or read the paper, then - I won't go into detail about that congressman from Florida who's done so much to keep the Internet family-friendly...

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

And poin, that was your teaching opportunity to discuss the difference between being a smart, successful girl and one who uses her body to get ahead (no pun intended) in the world.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Your grandmother is aware of the word "motherfucker," but you might not want to use it in her presence.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Someday you're going to agree on something, and we're all going to faint dead away.

I'm not sayin' ... I'm just sayin'.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Lame.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

My bad. You're the most agreeable, accomodating sumbitch I've ever encountered on here. ;D

12. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

On the other "Ugly Betty" thread, didn't people praise the show?

Draft saved Draft deleted