1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV seasons that shouldn't have existed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

[​IMG]

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Veronica Mars, season 3.
    Galactica 1980.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The scene from the episode where they deal with Bill's death, and they read the letters from him is heart-wrenching, though. One of those rare moments in TV where you can see the genuine emotion breaking through the acting.

That this show isn't regularly on reruns on some cable channel is criminal.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I've heard rumors that there were seventh and eighth series of Red Dwarf. It's a good thing those don't actually exist because, if they did, they would be truly awful and a pox on the memory of the show.

5. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Final seasons of Gilmore Girls and Northern Exposure.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Bill Lawrence said at the time a lot of the reason he agreed when ABC wanted to bring Scrubs over for another season was it was another year of guaranteed employment for the crew, which is a big deal when you are a camera man or grip or whatever. Maybe he was full of shit and only did it for his own bank account, but I bet the crew really did appreciate it.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

One of those two, I can't remember who, came to speak at my elementary school. Even as youngsters we knew they were sad replacements for the real deal.

Also, the last couple "Dallas" years were beyond dreadful.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't even consider that last season to be Scrubs. I consider it a spin-off. I think the camera even had a different hue, it was just so far off in a weird place.

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Heroes, seasons 2-4
    Alias, season 3-5
    Star Trek, season 3
    Gilmore Girls, season 7
    Roseanne, final season

Absolutely.

10. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Was I the only one who liked GG Season 7 better than Season 6?

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The last two seasons of NX were 90% crap (after seasons 2-3-4 were awesome).

They COULD have survived the departure of Rob Morrow just fine, but instead they dithered around for a couple seasons trying to "ease him out" with stupid stopgap characters like the Bubble Boy and the insipid Capras (although Mrs. Capra was OK) with Morrow still drifting in and out of the storylines.

By the time Morrow and/or his agent started threatening to leave and staging unofficial one-man slowdown strikes, NX was a strong enough ensemble show it easily could have survived him leaving a-la McLean Stevenson and Wayne Rogers on M*A*S*H.

They didn't want to take a hard line with Morrow, running the risk he would bolt completely, but at the same time they wouldn't go all-in with him, give him a huge contract and lock him up for five more years. They tried to play it halfway and ended up worse off than if they had taken either of their two main options.

They COULD have just written him out. Hell, just have Fleishmann go back to New York. Instead they screwed around with the stupid stopgaps and they ended up dragging the whole show down.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Lost seasons 3-6

Draft saved Draft deleted