1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV reporter ambushes senior citizen, is suspended

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Football_Bat, Oct 18, 2007.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Agree wholeheartedly.

The bitch.

2. rascalface

rascalface Member

Might not be up for too long.

3. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Wow. What a clumsy hack of a reporter she is.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The reporter says the fellow did not want his face shown, yet his face is visible the FIRST 30 FREAKING SECONDS OF THE CLIP.

I hope everyone up the chain of command gets suspended too.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, we write stories about people who don't want their name in the paper, too.

My problem with this is, if you didn't like the reporting, don't put it on the damn air! Suspending the reporter after the fact is pretty stupid.

6. Rhouston

Rhouston Member

This reporter is a joke. I just love how she puts words in the guy's mouth and doesn't seem to care about what he's saying

But I suppose this is not uncommon for these types of stories. Ever seen "To Catch a Predator"?

7. markvid

markvid Guest

There is a guy in Pittsburgh (Marty Griffin) who is the same way.
    Doesn't matter what you say, he's got an agenda and goes deaf to what you have to say.

8. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

Her bosses had to know that story was going to spark a huge reaction from the viewers when it was shown, but they ran with it anyway because they thought it had news value. Then, when they get negative reaction (shocker!!) from their audience, they suspend her. Talk about gutless. Jesus. Either stand up for the story that YOU decided to air, or never let it see the light of day to begin with.

Draft saved Draft deleted