1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV dramatic series suggestions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 16, 2009.

1. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Another vote for HLOTS.

2. highlander

highlander Member

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Just joshing with you.
    That's the nickname of West Milford in NJ.

4. highlander

highlander Member

Sweet, it's also Fort Worth Eastern Hills mascot.

Thought of another good drama "Burn Notice".

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Amazon has the complete series for $60 right now.

Not sure if it's just a holiday thing or lowered permanently. I'm hoping it's permanent, so I can buy it in January. Can't do it right now.

6. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I'm snapping it up. The last time I looked, a few months ago, it was over $100. I haven't seen the whole series yet (it's a bit much of absorb via Netflix), so that was too much. For $60, however, that bad boy is mine.

7. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Amazon has the whole run of The Shield for $90.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Caruso was on for 3-4 episodes of season 2 before he bowed out, walking out of the princinct. Smits was very good too, but lots of memories with Caruso:

* Calling 4B's (David Schwimmer) parents to let them know their son had been murdered.

* Helping the abused woman who killed her husband (Wendy from Just Shoot Me) reconstruct the crime so she'd be in the clear.

* The episode where he visits his mom, who has dimentia and thinks he's John Kelly Sr.

* How he tutored Martinez.

* His relationship with Jimmy Wexler, and then Wexler's wife. The episoide that ends with him and Wexler's widow in bed and he says, "Here comes spring."

* The episode with him meeting the bagpipes guy from IAB in the cemetary.

* The one where he and Andy reunite the kidnapped child of the used car dealer with her parents.
    Just lots of powerful television.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

NYPD kicked ass. A few years back, I was living in a new town with nothing to do after working my shitty night job and I watched almost the entire run on Court TV in the middle of the night over a few months. Early Sipowicz was great. Caruso was great before he became the cartoon he is now. The Franz-Smits chemistry was great. Hell, I even liked Ricky Schroeder and Zach Morris. Plus, as the show got older and the storylines not always as powerful, the women got hotter.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Charlotte Ross....Oh hell yeah.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://media.photobucket.com/image/charlotte%20ross%20in%20shower/Cheap_Trick77/rossbutt3.jpg

Oh that lucky little boy. NSFW

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I'll take Donna Abanando. We'll watch hockey in bed.

Draft saved Draft deleted