1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV ads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Jon Lovitz Says Income From Subway Commercials Allows Him A Certain Creative Freedom
    http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49386

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

3. rgd

rgd Guest

I once saw Jared seated at a table signing autographs. And there was an actual line. Not a long line, maybe eight people.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Jared and Willie Mays both made appearances at a promotional event and stayed at the same hotel.
    They happened to be in the lobby at the same time.
    Kids were crowding around Jared for autographs and pictures. They ignored Mays, probably didn't know who he was.
    I didn't witness this. I just read about it.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Well who the hell is Willie MayEs? Now, Willie Mays on the other hand.....

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Sorry about that.
    Fixed.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

When I was in the early days of military journalism school, I wrote a column for a graded assignment. Would have had a perfect score had I not misspelled Willie's last name. Glad to know I'm not the only one who's done that.

8. ARD

ARD Member

Does anyone else find the Yahoo ad with the dog digging itself out of its grave creepy in a "Pet Sematary" kinda way?

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The LaBatt commercial where the bear gives the girl a pez-cooler of beer and the way she says "I love it!" is just fantastic.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Willie Mays Hays. Hit like Mays, run like Hays.

Draft saved Draft deleted