1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV ads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Oct 19, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

OK, this has been festering for weeks and I need to get it off my chest, vis-a-vis television ads.

1.) John Lovitz must die. Those Subway commercials are severely annoying.

2.) Geico is ripping off the Bud Light/Charlton Heston/oral interpretation ads. The lizard was more original.

3.) I miss the Budweiser frogs.

2. The infamous "McGriddles girl" was on last week's episode of "Heroes" as a rental car agent.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sorry Novelist, but all the Bud Light and the frog commercials were old and ignorant the moment they first were shown. Sorry, but frogs don't make me want to drink a beer. Quite the contrary. And anything involving Charlton Heston is going to have me rolling my eyes so much, I'll actually be unable to see the product being advertised.

The Geico commercials, lizard or not, are just plain lame.

4. novelist_wannabe

I guess I just have a soft spot in my heart for talking animals. The frogs didn't make me want to drink beer, either, but I thought they were entertaining. Lovitz, not so much.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

This last Geico ad confuses me, the one where the caveman passes the Geico ad of another caveman. While I like Royksopp just fine, why is the first caveman melancholy all of a sudden? Did he miss Geico? Was he worried about going back to his own time? Hot gay butt sex with the other caveman? What?

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If Chuck is pointing a Remington .30-06 right at you with his cold dead hands, the last thing your eyes would be doing is rolling.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Lovitz is a genius, and the Subway commercials are great. The Subway campaign that needs to end is the "fat wallet" one. Stuuuuuuuupiiiiiiiiiiiiiid.

8. novelist_wannabe

I think he was perplexed that caveman intelligence was getting dissed in another medium (print ad) after having his set-to with the TV production manager. No roast duck with mango sauce for him ...

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Agreed. Lovitz, dead pan is funny as hell, tho Ms. Slappy hates em.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yes. The small touches in that ad are perfect. The calypso music in the background, the wooden tennis racket. Just fantastic.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jared from Subway isn't all that skinny anymore. He seems to be packing a little heft on to his midsection, like an NFL quarterback's flak jacket. He's way too humorless in those Subway commercials as well. Seems pissed off.

12. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

I hate Jared. When are his 15 minutes up? I hate the way he pronounces grams (gray-mmms). Someone needs to off him.

Draft saved Draft deleted