1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turner fired Erin Andrews?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, Dec 27, 2006.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

2. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Wow, that was a bad story.

3. Second that emotion.

4. Actually, the lede was the only readable part of that story.

5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Had me throught the lede.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

She seems like a really nice person, though.

7. greenthumb

greenthumb Member

Shakespeare, it's not, but I don't think I'd call it bad. Exceedingly average, maybe. It is what it is - a quickie fluff filler on a famous local resident to fill space through the holidays.

Um, no. But it is the first thing most people think when they see Erin Andrews, so you might as well get it out there in the first graf.

8. She is.

And I disagree about it being a bad story. It was horrendous.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. Talked to her on the phone and she was very gracious. Didn't try to big time me at all. Lots of male TV guys try to do that. Especially the ones who aren't big.

10. Editude

Editude Active Member

This is a major-metro approach to a story? The assigning editor let the reporter down here.

11. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I didn't think the lead was bad at all. Although, I can see how people might view it as too cutesy or whatever. It was a fun, goofy lede to a fluff story. Plus, like all good ledes, it summed up the whole story and it addressed what everyone was thinking about when they saw a story about Erin Andrews.

Also, maybe I'm naive, but I thought one of the most shocking parts was when she said that married hockey players kept asking her out.

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The fact that pro athletes cheat on their wives surprises you?

Draft saved Draft deleted